7.15.2007

Rilo Kiley - "The Moneymaker"

Apparently there's a new Rilo Kiley album coming out. I was unaware. I stumbled across their latest single, "The Moneymaker" and was pleasantly surprised. It's very Yeah Yeah Yeah's circa Show Your Bones, more specifically "Phenomena". Dunno whether or not the rest of the album yields more Karen O copies, but I'm won't complain either way. According to Wikipedia, the album was produced by Mike Elizondo who's worked with Dr. Dre and is responsible for hits like "In Da Club" and "The Real Slim Shady" among others. Hey, Fall Out Boy got Babyface and they pumped out "This Ain't A Scene". I think this who rap-rock producer crossover is smarter than people think.


Rilo Kiley - "The Moneymaker"

*Link Removed to Save Bandwidth for New Site


And oh yeah, Jenny Lewis looks pretty smokin' (yes, I said smokin') in the single's video: