1.04.2007

Mixed Feelings
So the new Modest Mouse single has dropped, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I'm entirely excited about it, but the closer the album gets, the more this whole Johnny Marr thing seems like a gimmick. C'mon, they're a band from Issaquah who's fame is too much for them already, but add a key element of the Smiths and that might just be too much to handle. Regardless, it took a while for a lot of people to get in to Modest Mouse before Good News... . I've grown to love it all, even Sad Sappy Sucker and their scratchy demos. If I love such messes as those, I don't think I'll be disappointed with whatever Issac Brock offers up. I admittedly have high expectations for this album, but I think they'll adapt. Here's the first single:

Modest Mouse - "Dashboard"

2 comments:

evan said...

It sounds better live. I'm going to post a show in the next few days where they played it. Much better live.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 打工兼差 打工兼職 台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服酒店 酒店經紀 打工 兼差