10.30.2006

*My Chemical Romance

Two words: Don't Hate. Yes, I'm sure we can all peg MCR with the nouveau emo-kid wave but let's all take a second to admit to, maybe not an allout untold admiration, but to say 'hey, I think I liked a song that was probably theirs I heard in the backseat of a friends car'. Their new album The Black Parade is very classic rock inspired. To say the least, it sounds like they listen to a lot of Queen. This CD's fun, there's visible...er...audible talent in it, and maybe, just maybe, it's a way for us to let our indie snob guard down just once. Here's a few cuts from the Halloween release:

My Chemical Romance - "The End"
My Chemical Romance - "Cancer"
*Links Expired


NOTE: I will do my best to get these re-hosted, but in the meantime, please take a look around the rest of Dance Hall Hips. Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know there's at least one other person out who has My Chemical Romance's new album with Tom Waits and the Shins in their mix.
It's definitely an album that gets you in touch with your snarling, alienated, video game-worshipping inner teenager. And besides, chances are MCR is going to be a 'transition' band for a lot of teens who will later discover The Cure, The Descendents and heck...even Tom Waits.

Anonymous said...

P.S. - I was being sincere, I honestly like 'The Black Parade' - it was one of those albums that I didn't expect to like, but it totally caught me off guard. Thanks for reading my blog!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for seeing through the negative stereotypes and listening to the album. I'm so proud of their new album, but I'm too biased to say anything more without coming off like a complete fangirl, so I will end here!

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 打工兼差 打工兼職 台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服酒店 酒店經紀 打工 兼差